[SAC] Re: Motion: Add Alan Boudreault as SAC member and Primary Admin

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Tue Oct 13 10:58:06 EDT 2009

On October 13, 2009 09:10:03 am Howard Butler wrote:
> Also, Alan's experience with Xen is going to come in handy for us
> pretty soon ;)

My experience is with OpenVZ, not Xen unfortunately. We use OpenVZ on several
of our servers. I totally agree your idea to use virtual machines. Though I
don't know (yet) Xen, the concept is the same than OpenVZ and should not be so
"hard" to learn. Hovewer, I have to say that I'm getting used with OpenVZ and
really appreciated it. It's easy to create a vm, set the network, control
resources and even migrate a complete VM to another physical machine.

Obviously, further reading will have to be done to choice which virtualization
system to use.

Alan

--
Alan Boudreault