[SAC] Primary Server Outlook (was: Motion: Add Alan Boudreault as SAC member and Primary Admin)

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Oct 13 11:13:51 EDT 2009

> Anyone else have any ideas for our future direction? I don't think
> we're so sustainable in our current situation, though we can continue
> to kick the can down the road for a little while longer...

Just FYI - I have asked OSL to quote us on the cost of getting into a good
machine. Depending on cost, I expect that we could buy such a server, move
to OSL and actually save some money from our $1100 per month current
contract. The bonus is that OSL would be available to help admin our VM
instances - which means, in a way, we could have a bit more hands on support
than at present. Alternately, I've been told by a few people that there are
many cheaper hosting options out there these days but I'm not familiar with
them.

Tyler