[SAC] errors with Trac

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Sep 24 15:36:00 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 09:22:09PM +0200, Martin Spott wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 03:08:27PM -0400, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
>
> > Perhaps this means the ldap server should be restarted. I've gone ahead
> > and done that, in case the ldap server was causing the problem.
>
> OpenLDAP/BDB servers usually don't gain much from getting restarted. If
> they have a corrupt database due to a bad system crash, a restart still
> won't cure such a case. Otherwise they work pretty reliably. BUT they
> might get affected by a high system load or disk bandwidth/latency
> trouble - in this case a restart doesn't cure either  ;-)

I agree with both of these. The problems are intermittent enough that I'm
sort of surprised by them at all, though; we certainly have had periods
of high load that are not showing in these errors, so I'm not entirely
sure what else could be causing it.

Essentially, I'm grasping at straws, and I know it, but since I'm not
having problems, I can't think of what else to do/change.

-- Chris

> Cheers,
> 	Martin.
> --
>  Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just selective about who its friends are !

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta