[SAC] errors with Trac

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Thu Sep 24 15:22:09 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 03:08:27PM -0400, Christopher Schmidt wrote:

> Perhaps this means the ldap server should be restarted. I've gone ahead
> and done that, in case the ldap server was causing the problem.

OpenLDAP/BDB servers usually don't gain much from getting restarted. If
they have a corrupt database due to a bad system crash, a restart still
won't cure such a case. Otherwise they work pretty reliably. BUT they
might get affected by a high system load or disk bandwidth/latency
trouble - in this case a restart doesn't cure either  ;-)

Cheers,