[SAC] website where art thou

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Aug 5 14:38:12 EDT 2010

FYI, probably a related issue, the http://geonetwork-opensource.org/
address gives no response and has no redirect. Yet, it's the top result
for a Google search on "Geonetwork"... that doesn't look good on the
project IMHO.

The issue was raised on the geonetwork-users list, but there has been
little/no feedback from the project leads:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Bad-Gateway-tt5362974.html#a5362974

Jody Garnett wrote:
> With a helpful reminder/prodding from the geotools-user email list I was
> reminded that the geotools.org <http://geotools.org> website was offline.
> Jason sent along the message that we should assemble on this email list
> to sort things out.
>
> I was not aware of the ProjectsVM (and I assume that is how
> mapserver.org <http://mapserver.org> has been restored). What steps can
> we take to restore the geotools.org <http://geotools.org> website; I am
> afraid I am not a linux admin and am likely to be much help myself.
>
> Jody
>
>> Not sure if my earier email to the list via Nabble showed up (I should
>> know better).  Here's the content:
>>
>> I'm listed as a DNS admin for geotools.org <http://geotools.org/>, and
>> received an email from a user that the geotools.org
>> <http://geotools.org/> website was offline.
>>
>> Had a quick chat with the OSGeo administrators on IRC, and apparently
>> the server is in the middle of an extended downtime.  Because of the
>> nature of this downtime, they suggested that it would be best for the
>> Geotools community to work via the OSGeo Systems Administration
>> Committee mailing list ( http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/sac )
>> to transition the geotools.org <http://geotools.org/> website to the
>> new Projects VM:
>>
>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/ProjectsVM