[SAC] [OSGeo] #529: Request to upgrade Trac instance to recent version for Localization support (L10N)

OSGeo trac_osgeo at osgeo.org
Tue Feb 2 22:45:38 EST 2010

#529: Request to upgrade Trac instance to recent version for Localization support
(L10N)
Reporter:  jmckenna  |       Owner:  sac at lists.osgeo.org
    Type:  task      |      Status:  new
 As of Trac 0.12, localization is supported, allowing Trac to use browser
 settings so that Trac buttons such "View Tickets" are displayed in the
 local language (such as Japanese).  We should upgrade the OSGeo Trac
 instance as soon as possible.  For more information see:
 http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracL10N

 I am also including a recent IRC thread regarding this:
 {{{
 <jmckenna>      i am filing a request ticket for OSGeo Trac instance to be
 upgraded,
                 because recent versions support localization (trac buttons
 such as
                 "View Tickets" are displayed in browser language settings,
 such as
                 Japanese). filing request ticket now
 <crschmidt>     There is no practical way that trac can be ugpraded on the
 current
                 hardware.
 <crschmidt>     But I expect that we'll have an upgraded version when we
 get the new
                 hardware.
 <crschmidt>     Which is in the timescale of weeks at this point rather
 than months.
 <wildintellect> ETA is march
 }}}

--