[SAC] Re: LDAP accounts and mapbender.telascience.org

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Feb 4 09:54:03 EST 2010

Christoph Baudson (Wheregroup) wrote:
> Dear Frank,
>
> unfortunately the whole Mapbender team (except Verena Diewald) is no
> longer able to log in at mapbender.telascience.org via ssh. Using the
> LDAP account doesn't work, but I think that is the way it worked last year.
>
> Astrid told me that our accounts are not listed in the password file on
> that server. Is that even necessary?
>
> Please advise how we should proceed, we need to work on this server in
> order to prepare a conference presentation.

Christoph,

I have reviewed the system configuration and it appears as if ldap.osge.org
is supposed to be enabled.  I went through the procedure at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Setup_LDAP_Authentication

and had to reset the ldap.osgeo.org info, but even after this ldap logins
do not seem to be working.  I am continuing to work on the issue with
Martin Spott, and we will try to keep you posted.