[SAC] Server Planning

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Feb 8 21:30:00 EST 2010

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
>> I would also suggest the names "osl1" and "osl2" as our working names for
>> the new servers.
>>
>> I would suggest a page linked off the SAC wiki named "OSL Transition Plan"
>> or something similar.
> Good suggestions, just for those who maybe weren't with use back in
> 2006, this is our 2nd major infrastructure migration - so when
> referencing the topic in the wiki it's helpful to note "2010" or OSL as
> Frank noted.

All,

A wiki page has been started to hash out all the ideas for deployment of
the new machines.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Transition_Plan_2010

Please go ahead and toss in your ideas. Ideally the discussion over
general approach and 1st level specifics should conclude shortly after
the New York sprint (Feb 20-23?) so that we'll have a firm plan by the
time the machines are available for configuration.

Of course if the general plan is done, they could work on the specifics
at the sprint.