[SAC] Upgrade Sphinx install on xblade14 to 1.0b1

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 10:05:05 EST 2010

All,

I would like to update the Sphinx install on xblade14 to the Sphinx 1.0 beta release.  I think GeoTools is also using Sphinx on this machine, so this change would also impact them as well as MapServer (MapServer docs work fine with 1.0).

The 1.0 beta release of Sphinx is imminent, and I would like to install it to add the following document output types:
- GNOME devhelp
- Single-file HTML
- ePub

I will wait until I hear back from the GeoTools folks that Sphinx 1.0 is not going to trash their website before installing.

Howard