[SAC] Any objections to migrating qgis.org from xblade14 to osgeo2?

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Mon Jan 18 16:33:37 EST 2010

Hi Frank,

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 03:23:43PM -0500, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Martin Spott wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:20:17AM -0500, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

>> If you're going to add yet another dynamic site onto the MySQL DB on
>> 'osgeo2', I feel tempted to move the entire Wiki off the current MySQL
>> instance into the PostgreSQL DB, which is already living there anyway.

> Are you concerned about interference between the two uses of mysql?

Let me put it this way: I don't consider managing permissons on a MySQL
server as being one of the favourite jobs in IT - and things don't get
better if you're adding more databases to an instance  ;-)

BUT, if the QGIS guys are in serious trouble and therefore in need for
a fast solution, I certainly don't want to get into their way.
Nevertheless I'd be in favour of not running more than one primary task
on a MySQL instance and therefore would like to take the next chance
for moving the Wiki over to the PostgreSQL database.

> Would you like Werner Macho to hold off for a bit?

No, please have a 'fix' for their trouble first. We just should make
sure to have a dump of the MySQL master database before anyone's going
to make changes. I'm going to pull a dump pretty soon ....

Cheers,