[SAC] Server quote/discussions

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 26 15:25:41 EST 2010

After chatting with Howard, I took a quick stab at spec'ing out a server
again just to get the ball rolling.  I'm sure it's not perfect, so holler.

A couple things to note or uncertainties:
* AMD vs Intel ?
* I'm not familiar with SAS drives and RAID stuff much in general, so
not sure if I choose things properly there.
* Seemed like some 2U options didn't allow as many drives, but maybe 4U
is not needed?
* OSL prefers Dell, so the added cost of going with them will encourage
expedient service from OSL and in their relationship with Dell.
* Not sure if OSL can get a better deal.

Comments, changes?  If anyone else is interested in specing out
something else, I won't be offended :)