[SAC] Server quote/discussions

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Tue Jan 26 17:06:40 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 12:25:41PM -0800, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> A couple things to note or uncertainties:
> * AMD vs Intel ?

Personal favourites !?  ;-)

> * I'm not familiar with SAS drives and RAID stuff much in general, so
> not sure if I choose things properly there.

Yes, getting a proper selection of RAID and disks is a PITA with Dell's
web configurator ....

I'm not too familiar with Dell's R* offers, but from my understanding
this is going to be a server with one CPU and one power supply (to my
experience a second PS is usually listed separately). Does this meet
your intentions ?

Cheers,