[SAC] [OSGeo] #610: Please add MIME type for MapGuide package to the download server's mime.types

OSGeo trac_osgeo at osgeo.org
Wed Jul 21 19:11:20 EDT 2010

#610: Please add MIME type for MapGuide package to the download server's
mime.types
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jbirch         |       Owner:  sac@…
     Type:  task           |      Status:  new
Component:  Systems Admin  |    Keywords:
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Could the newly-established [http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-
 types/application/vnd.osgeo.mapguide.package MIME type for MapGuide
 packages] please be added to the vhost configuration for the
 download.osgeo.org site with an
 [http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_mime.html#addtype AddType
 directive]?

 I think this should look something like:

 {{{
 AddType application/vnd.osgeo.mapguide.package .mgp
 }}}

 Rationale:

 This will allow our Internet Explorer users to download our sample data
 packages with the correct file extension instead of being prompted to save
 a .zip file.  This issue has caused a considerable problem for new users,
 who often attempt to unzip the contents of the package.  Using this MIME
 type on the download server will provide a considerably enhanced initial
 experience for our users.

 Reference:

 http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-
 types/application/vnd.osgeo.mapguide.package

 Thanks!

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/610>
OSGeo <http://www.osgeo.org/>