[SAC] [Fwd: [support.osuosl.org #11303] OSGeos New Servers]

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Mar 25 14:11:34 EDT 2010

All,

Here's the plan - OSL has made a base virtual machine image. Those who
sent me their ssh keys will have access to it right away (if we could
get the keys from the rest of you that would be very helpful).

What we need to do with this base image is install and configure
anything that will be the same on all of the future virtual machines.
So far the only things I have listed are to install Open-ssh server(must
already be done), add backports to the repo list and to configure LDAP
against the OSGeo LDAP service.

Is there anything else? A standard firewall config? A standard emergency
user account with sudo? A backup client application?

Also who is going to be in charge of setting the base image up?

Once it's done, I'll notify OSL and they will create/give us
instructions on how to create clones of the virtual machine and adjust
the ram and disk space. The 1st 2 machines will be Wiki and Backup
according to the specs on:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Transition_Plan_2010#Final_Plan