[SAC] [Fwd: [support.osuosl.org #11303] OSGeos New Servers]

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Mar 30 21:18:09 EDT 2010

Ok, 3 new servers are up and ready for login attempts(access info
below). I have verified that I can login with ldap to Backup no problem.

There's not much written on
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Transition_Plan_2010#osgeo3_.26_osgeo4

for specifics of what's being setup on each other than the general
ideas, so please document what you do.

One note, we had to go with ext3 instead of ext4 because the current
Debian Stable kernels don't support ext4 well. We may want to consider a
different version of Debian/Ubuntu for the download mirror later on to
take advantage of the speed increase of ext4 (I've heard it rivals XFS)
Luckily if a newer kernel becomes available migrating from ext3 to ext4
is easy (We might want to keep this in mind for Backup).