[SAC] [Fwd: [support.osuosl.org #11303] OSGeos New Servers]

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Mar 30 22:10:59 EDT 2010

Quick follow-up, we could move everything to ext4 quickly (ie OSL can
update our base image and remake the current VMs in a matter of minutes)
If we want to use a kernel from backports that fixes known bugs in the
ext4 support.
http://packages.debian.org/lenny-backports/linux-image-2.6-amd64

We should probably decide on this before embarking on work in the new
VMs, or could piecemeal upgrade any particular VM later.

Why ext4: (Anyone have con arguments?)
https://ext4.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Ext4_Howto#For_people_who_are_running_Debian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext4