[SAC] More than one pages on the wiki for Enterprise Linux GIS?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Nov 2 05:30:02 EDT 2010

On 11/02/2010 01:19 AM, Mathieu Baudier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we currently have one page on the OSGeo wiki:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Enterprise_Linux_GIS
>
> It is becoming bigger and bigger, and there is more information that
> we would like to put online.
>
> We were wondering whether we could create other pages on the OSGeo wiki?
> If yes, should they have a common prefix? Or follow some naming conventions?
>
> Or, alternatively, should we rather use the wiki capabilities of our
> Trac instance to build this knowledge base?
>
> Thanks in advance for your recommendations!
>
> Mathieu

You are welcome to create pages as you see necessary, the wiki is a
community resource to be used. That said it's up to you if you'd like to
use the main wiki or your Trac wiki. The advantage to the main wiki is
probably more traffic and the easy linking to other wiki pages. Of
course you could always just link your current page to the trac site wiki.

For creating additional pages you have several options.
1: a prefix as you mentioned (not sure what a good one is EL seems to
easy to mix up with a language)
2: a category
3: name pages as appropriate

I think a mix of 1 & 2 will work well for your collection of pages.
There is however not set standard that I've seen.