[SAC] Spam in Wiki

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Sat Aug 20 21:18:47 EDT 2011

Hi Tyler,

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 05:45:07PM -0700, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> Tested my login, worked seamlessly.  Good move!

We'll see how it works out - just setting up a duplicate of the Wiki
and enabling LDAP authentication, thus the "technical" part of the game
was the low-hanging fruit. Now we'll have to find a solution for the
"social" part  :-)

You, being one of the 'early' OSGeo users, are most presumably using
the same account name on LDAP as on the Wiki. Therefore you should be
able to re-use your LDAP login on the Wiki quite seamlessly. My own
LDAP login instead maps to a different Wiki user - which looks almost
the same from a technical point of view but carries the implication
that my login is now being assigned to a different real name, user page
and preferences on the Wiki.

Now I'd like to read from those whose LDAP login had formerly not been
in use in any way on the Wiki.

Cheers,