[SAC] Spam in Wiki

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 20 22:45:17 EDT 2011

Martin wrote:
> Now I'd like to read from those whose LDAP login had
> formerly not been in use in any way on the Wiki.

Hi,

my wiki account name had been 'FirstnameLastname' but my LDAP
name is just 'firstname'.

at https://wiki2.osgeo.org/ I get a Login error when I try my
LDAP name as it says there is no user by that name. Do I need to
create a new wiki account using my LDAP name, or should that
have happened automatically? If I do create a new wiki account
using my LDAP name, the create new acc't wiki page wants a
password. Will whatever I put for that be stored elsewhere/
nowhere and later be ignored? or will it override my LDAP pw?

I also get a login error when I try my old Wiki account name/pw
there, but I guess that's to be expected.

btw, to set up a wikimedia page auto-redirect, you clear the old
page and replace it with this:

#REDIRECT [[name of the target page]]

and put the content in the new target page. there is also a
maybe for safety you can leave the content in the old page and
anything after the #REDIRECT will be ignored?
maybe the above solution is scriptable?

when logged in there is also a "move" button (alt-m) at the top
to rename a page, leaving a redirect in its wake. maybe that
helps too?

cheers,
Hamish

ps- I just noticed a lot of spam in the recent history of the
Live_GIS_Disc page, I can spend half an hour manually deleting
it but how/where should we report users/IPs to be banned? aka is
it possible to undo all edits by that spam account with a single
action?