[SAC] Spam in Wiki

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Sun Aug 21 03:53:28 EDT 2011

Hi Hamish,

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 07:45:17PM -0700, Hamish wrote:

> at https://wiki2.osgeo.org/ I get a Login error when I try my
> LDAP name as it says there is no user by that name. Do I need to
> create a new wiki account using my LDAP name, or should that
> have happened automatically?

That's supposed to happen automatically but I wasn't certain if it
really works this way. I'll have another look at it - thanks for
checking !

> I also get a login error when I try my old Wiki account name/pw
> there, but I guess that's to be expected.

Exactly - as written on thursday.

> btw, to set up a wikimedia page auto-redirect, you clear the old
> page and replace it with this:
>
> #REDIRECT [[name of the target page]]

I think redirecting neither from nor to the old user pages is a good
idea because this is going to trouble us as soon as another person
starts using the same name (as the former Wiki login) for their LDAP
account - leading to name clashes in the Wiki.
Having an exact 1:1 mapping is the only viable solution in my eyes.

Cheers,