[SAC] [SECURITY] [DSA 2360-1] Two month advance notification for upcoming end-of-life for Debian oldstable (lenny)

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 17 21:02:33 EST 2011

Hamish wrote:
> I plan on upgrading the adhoc VM to Squeeze tomorrow,
> starting at 00:00 UTC Sat 18 Dec.  That's about 23 hours from
> now.

Hi,

well, I got as far as upgrading the stuff which didn't need dist-upgrade,
then the kernel and udev, but upon rebooting directly after installing
udev it doesn't seem to want to come back up. :-(
maybe stuck on fsck wanting to press "c" to continue or something..?

manual edits (sync with earlier custom mods) of note were to bootmisc.sh
and hosts.deny.

some host level intervention on the non-virtual machine is requested to
see what the trouble is..

thanks,
Hamish