[SAC] VM crash

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Wed May 25 11:56:41 EDT 2011

Hi,

Earlier today, strk reported that the trac/svn instance appeared to be offline.
I hopped into #osuosl, and they reported they had gotten a page about the machine
going down, and were working on restarting it. They reported that the machine
kernel paniced for no obvious reason, which took down the host machine.

They were able to restart and everything seems to have come back up cleanly.

However, Ramereth, who was working on the problem, mentioned the following:

11:54:09 <@Ramereth> we probably should schedule an outage soon to upgrade the bios to ensure that's not the problem
11:54:35 <@Ramereth> we've had some issues in the past with the similar dell series and bios upgrades usually fix stuff random like this
11:54:57 < crschmidt> Ramereth: Okay; I'll send a note to our SAC list and we can pick a time sometime in the next couple weeks to do that, if that sounds okay?
11:55:28 <@Ramereth> worksforme
11:55:40 <@Ramereth> just send an email to support when you figure out a date

So we should schedule this at some point soon so that we can rule this out as a
source of potential problems.

Thanks,
-- Chris