[SAC] Todo List

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Sep 29 17:48:32 EDT 2011

Items 1-6 were all discussed in some way in Denver in bits and pieces.
Some of which were urgent, others of which the relevant admins happened
to be in the room.

Item 7 was just another kickstart to revisiting the topic of ensuring we
have proper backups of important stuff, but was in no way decided on the
best approach.

So to recap:
1. Put up a new download server at OSUOSL - done (Frank)
2. Migrate trac to 0.12 - in progress (Chris)
3. Migrate Drupal to OSUOSL Web VM - needs a champion
4. Close all services at Peer1 (by end of year) - same as #3
5. Buy a dumb storage server (~$2000 for 8 TB, or 4 TB raid mirror) for
offsite backups to be hosted by Michael Smith in NH where the WMS
shootout servers live. Migrate the backup vm there, wholesale.
- Something to discuss, and then send to the board for approval.
Technically all the right people have agreed that this plan is feasible

6. Move the wiki to OSGeo logins and https logins - (Martin)
7. Backups - my biggest concern is actually the various databases used
for some of the websites (mysql, postgres etc) and ensuring they get
dumped and included in backups. Flat file backup no matter the folder
structure seems a simpler task - if we define what goes where, we can
just ask projects to follow that. Please write up suggestions on a wiki
page so we can compare the options and hopefully reach a consensus on
approach.