[SAC] Fair projectsVM usage

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Tue Apr 3 03:47:43 EDT 2012

On Apr 3, 2012, at 3:43 AM, ext Martin Spott wrote:

> In an attempt to eliminate the causes of performance issues affecting
> the projects VM and (hopefully) as a starting point for general
> directory cleanup I've moved the "/osgeo/tilecache/wms-c/cache/"
> directory to "/var/cache/tilecache/".
> I've added an "Alias /wms-c/cache /var/cache/tilecache" to the Apache
> config in "/etc/apache2/sites-available/tilecache and I've modified the
> "base=" in "/osgeo/tilecache/wms-c/metacarta.cfg" accordingly.
>
> As far as _I_ can tell the tilecache is still working as expected, but,
> please, affected parties, check your sites as well and report failures.

Martin,

This seems a total reasonable approach. The tilecache still seems to be
working fine for both generating tiles and viewing them. Thanks for looking
into it, and sorry I didn't get back to you on your earlier question.

For the record, a site that uses the TileCache server you asked about is
the example map at http://tilecache.org/ .

-- Chris