[SAC] Re: webextra: / is full

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Apr 15 13:07:00 EDT 2012

On 04/12/2012 01:34 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 5:52 AM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
>> On 04/11/2012 02:12 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:
>>> -->  Shell script to watch the disk space
>>
>> From what I've read munin can do email notifications at certain events. If
>> someone can figure out how to do that it would be fairly effective since
>> munin updates every 5 minutes.
>
> Right - some random examples:
>
> http://wiki.kartbuilding.net/index.php/Munin_Statistics#Email_Notifications_from_Munin
> http://sysadminman.net/blog/2009/e-mail-alerts-from-munin-for-network-bandwidth-usage-253
> http://blog.edseek.com/archives/2006/07/13/munin-alert-email-notification/
>
> Markus

Testing is under way. The one thing those pages don't discuss which I've
found is that you need Postfix or another tool for sending mail
configured correctly on the munin server.

Right now in my tests, it works but each warning is it's own email. I
see some instructions on how to pass the warnings to an outside script,
possibly for collating into a single email but I'm not sure how to
handle that.
http://munin-monitoring.org/wiki/HowToContact

I'll try to finish the setup this week, but the question I have is what
email address should we send to? There is a chance that it can generate
a lot of small emails when stuff goes wrong.