[SAC] Munin notes

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Aug 21 14:56:39 PDT 2012

Due to the ongoing troubleshooting on Tracsvn I was paying a little more
attention to Munin.

1. We still need to decide where emails should be sent when munin hits a
warning or critical value (eg. disk is over 90%). I don't want to use
the Sac list because the number emails per incident can get astronomical
quickly (1 email per chart even if only 1 chart is out of bounds, repeat
every 5 minutes until issue is resolved). Do we have an svn watch type
list or something similar that sends out but isn't really for discussion?

2. I'd like to increase the ram allocation for the QGIS and the Projects
VMs. 2 GB+ to each, as both are using 70%+ of their current RAM on a
regular basis. Based on our notes we have 20 GB of unallocated RAM on
osgeo4 currently, so this should be no problem. Just wanted to get the
idea out before I ask osuosl to do it (might be able to do it with
ganeti web interface ourselves).