[SAC] Fwd: passwords being sent in clear text

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat Dec 1 11:14:32 PST 2012

I have not seen such a request before. I will note that the behavior is
the same for every mailman list I'm subscribed to on the web. I don't
think mailing list preference passwords are typically considered secure.

That said, it's not a bad idea to research options to make it more secure.

Quick search says, we should simply disable the monthly reminders.
Supposedly updates to mailman years ago should have moved to hashed
passwords and not auto-mailing them, but I don't see any evidence that
those patches were ever released.