[SAC] Backup Implementation for OSGeo VMs

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Feb 28 18:04:55 EST 2012

Lance & Team,

Right now OSGeo is running our own Bacula on one of our VMs to backup
content from our other VMs. We noticed that OSUOSL also runs Bacula on a
larger scale and was wondering if we could levarage that in some way. We
had been discussing buying a cheap 1U node just for backup but could
just as easily contribute disks or funds to your setup if it achieves
the same results.

We would like to be able to tweak or configure as needed but expect that
dumping our current config to your bacula would suffice for now.

What route does OSUOSL suggest?

OSGeo Systems Administration Committee