[SAC] Re: [support.osuosl.org #20349] Backup Implementation for OSGeo VMs

Lance Albertson via RT support at osuosl.org
Tue Feb 28 18:07:53 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 3:05 PM, tech at wildintellect.com via RT <
support at osuosl.org> wrote:

> Right now OSGeo is running our own Bacula on one of our VMs to backup
> content from our other VMs. We noticed that OSUOSL also runs Bacula on a
> larger scale and was wondering if we could levarage that in some way. We
> had been discussing buying a cheap 1U node just for backup but could
> just as easily contribute disks or funds to your setup if it achieves
> the same results.
>
> We would like to be able to tweak or configure as needed but expect that
> dumping our current config to your bacula would suffice for now.
>
> What route does OSUOSL suggest?

I would prefer integrating it into our bacula and we could come up with a
cost estimate for you to contribute into. How much data are you backing up?
What kind of a rotation are you using/doing? How many clients need to be
backed up? We also sync our bacula data off-site daily.

--
Lance Albertson
Systems Administrator / Architect                        Open Source Lab