[SAC] SVN Commit Slowness

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Sep 1 02:43:28 PDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:14 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>> Frank,
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:02 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
>>> Would you like me to look into commenting out ciabot requests from the
>>> grass post-commit hook?
>>
>> Well, I hesitate a bit since it would ruin our nice timeline:
>> http://cia.vc/stats/project/GRASS
>>
>> "32064 messages since the first one, 6.06 years ago, for an average of
>> 1.66 hours between messages"
>> :-)
>>
>> I wonder what might slow down this script from one day to the next...
>
> Markus,
>
> OK, well let me know if you come to a decision.
>
> I assume the cia service is acting up but I did not investigate further.

Frank,

what I don't understand:

in /var/www/svn/repos/grass/hooks/post-commit:
/var/www/svn/hookscripts/ciabot_svn.py "$REPOS" "$REV" "GRASS" &

it is send to bg - still svn is waiting for the job. Is there any way
to launch ciabot_svn.py more independently? At this point the svn
client would return and ciabot_svn.py can finish whenever it wants to.

Any hint?

thanks
Markus