[SAC] Mailing lists backlog

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Sep 10 12:42:17 PDT 2012

On 09/10/2012 10:17 AM, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:

> I know how this committee and OSGeo in general work, so I waited all
> August for those tickets and my main intention with the comment was to
> resolve it but also move on this topic.

Jorge,

Thank you for keeping an eye on it and reminding us. Since we operate
mostly as a do-ocracy (http://www.communitywiki.org/DoOcracy) it's
critical that people like you are willing to step up and help keep us going.

If you do happen to have a conversation with community members who are
wondering why we don't always immediately process a request, make sure
they understand how we operate, and that contributing volunteer hours
(even if on a different task) allows us to get their request done sooner.