[SAC] MapGuide / FDO Crisis

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Nov 8 09:43:42 PST 2013

On 11/08/2013 09:37 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have tried to investigate why the FDO and MapGuide sites are
> no longer worked on osgeo1, but I'm at a loss.  I don't really understand
> how Drupal and Apache virtual hosts well enough to figure out what is
> going wrong.
>
> I *suspect* the recent issue relates to the death of our Peer1 firewall,
> and it's replacement.  It may be that the firewall used to have some
> rules related to virtual hosting that are now lost and forgotten, or it
> might just be that this trigger a reboot of osgeo1 that turned on
> configuration changes made a while ago.
>
> Anyways, I'm going to catch the train into work now.  I'd appreciate it if
> someone else with some Apache/Drupal-fu could look into this.  I have
> gotten the ssh issue fixed.   Some info in:
>
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1254
>
> Best regards,

Generally a firewall would simply block port 80/443, but since osgeo.org
seems to be working that doesn't seem the case. Now if for some reason
there are proxies going on and these are not localhost addressed they
might get broken. But generally php is directory based.

My guess is that vhosting is either off, or for some reason the vhosts
for fdo and mapguide got disabled since everything seems to point at
osgeo.org

I'm referring this to my drupal coworker who might have some ideas.