[SAC] foss4g europe ticket

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Nov 18 10:34:09 PST 2013

On 11/18/2013 03:19 AM, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> could please anybody have a short look at the ticket #1247, regarding
> setting up the domain and e-mail adresses for the FOSS4G-Europe
> organization committee?
>
> Do you have still some quiestions, which need to be clarified? Is it
> "just" lack of time?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jachym
>
> [1] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1247

I think there are still some questions. I ended up putting in a proxy
just to make it work for now. But if you're going to host everything
over on the server indicated should we just point the DNS directly
there? Or did you want to move the site over to an osgeo server?

Mostly this all gets more complicated when dealing with SSL for logins.

Email stuff is completely out of my hands but that looks like others are
looking into it. Agreed the DNS and email stuff are separate tickets and
Arnulf's questions about branding are an even bigger discussion amongst
all the current europe conference groups.