[SAC] foss4g europe ticket

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 12:20:54 PST 2013

Alex, big thanks for you work on this.

In aliment with #1247, we agreed, that

1) europe.foss4g.org/index.html will be static page, preferably on OSGeo
server, pointing to every year's conference page

2) europe.foss4g.org/YEAR will point to every year servers, hosted by
local organization committee (every year different).

Reason for this: avoid any work from OSGeo system admins in the future,
so that we can go on year after year using this configuration, by just
adding new YEAR redirection to yet-another-server.

Basically, I'm all for *any* solution, which will lead to the state,
where we will have infrastructure, which could be easy setuped every
year. As you are writing, DNS would be best solution (not sure, whether
europe.fos4g.org/2014 can be considered as valid DNS record).

I think, moving conference page to osgeo server would be too complicated
(server admins would have to change year-after year, it will be usually
probably hosted on some university server ...) I'm not sure, what it
would mean for you guys, and I just want to avoid any future work, since
I appreciate what you are already doing for us (OSGeo).

Thank you

Jachym