[SAC] cron not running planet job

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Sep 5 12:50:32 PDT 2013

On 5 September 2013 20:23, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 8:27 PM, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> I updated the Planet scripts yesterday and today I noticed
>> the cronjob for planet (first listed by crontab -l, as root)
>> is not running as expected.
>> I tried to play with crontab -e and change times, still nothing.
>
> The reason will be:
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 mloskot users 934 2013-09-04 16:13
> /var/www/venus/bin/planet_update.sh
> -> no exec flag.

Ouch, I must have messed something up while playing
with svn co/up and clearing the local copy on the server.

> I have changed the crontab entry to
> 5,35 * * * * sh /var/www/venus/bin/planet_update.sh
>
> --> sh added
>
> Let's see if it works again.

It's seems to be back in shape. Last update in planet.log:

Thu Sep  5 12:35:04 PDT 2013

Thanks Markus for your help!

Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net
"Participation in this whole process is a form of torture" ~~ Szalony