[SAC] [support.osuosl.org #20349] Backup Implementation for OSGeo VMs

Lance Albertson via RT support at osuosl.org
Tue Sep 10 08:09:21 PDT 2013

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 5:23 PM, tech at wildintellect.com via RT <
support at osuosl.org> wrote:

> We placed the order today. Should I open another ticket about the
> configuration or just continue this one?
> Basics - we want software RAID5, our only intended use is Bacula so it's
> up to your team about virtualizing or not. If it is virtual we can
> probably just migrate our existing Backup VM over, and you can run the
> RAID5 underneath on the main host and it will just show up as one big
> drive in the VM, though we might discuss splitting the VM OS and data
> into 2 virtual disks.

Were you wanting to add this machine to your ganeti cluster using it for
more things other than backups? If so that shouldn't be a problem. Just
let me know what you'd like to do. If the box is just going to be for
backups I'm not sure how VMs will make things better.

Let us know, thanks!

--
Lance Albertson
Director