[SAC] New Backup Machine Configuration

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Sep 10 19:53:18 PDT 2013

Feedback from OSUOSL:
> Were you wanting to add this machine to your ganeti cluster using it for
> more things other than backups? If so that shouldn't be a problem. Just
> let me know what you'd like to do. If the box is just going to be for
> backups I'm not sure how VMs will make things better.

So we have 2 options:
1. We can add it to ganeti, migrate the existing backup VM over then
grow it's dick.
2. We can just have them install the main OS and give us access to setup
bacula however we want. I do not know if there are any permissions
restrictions at this level.

Long term option 1 means we can use the machine in other ways besides
backups later on, not that we would, or as a failover for replicating
some live machines on osgeo3 and osgeo4 (not a bad idea).

Any opinions.

Only thing I have down is the initial OS will use MD to create a
software RAID 5 spanning all 4 disks.