[SAC] Bounce action notification

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Sep 17 12:05:44 PDT 2013

On 09/13/2013 02:31 AM, Hamish wrote:
> Arnulf wrote:
>> There is a sort of recommendation forming to not use hotmail accounts
>
>> with OSGeo lists. If you think we should publish this somewhere please
>> go ahead. It even might sense to add a link on the mailing list
>> registration template to our Wiki with current information of this
>> type. Then people can read it even before subscribing.
>
> it may be the case that hotmail disproportionately concentrates some
> users who would be more likely to click on a "this is spam" button
> to get rid of an email vs. finding the "click here to unsubscribe"
> link at the bottom of the email. By diluting those users out to
> other email systems, the other email systems may in turn be more
> likely to ban our domain. i.e. the problem is perhaps not hotmail
> and their technical policies.
>
> what we don't know is how close we've come to being flagged by the
> other gmail/yahoo/gmx/.. major providers due to user supplied false
> positives, and so what their respective capacities to absorb more are.
>
> no easy answers and not making blanket statements about everyone who
> ever used a hotmail account, just something to think about.
>

> regards,
> Hamish

So yes cumulative reputation on hotmail matters significantly.
http://www.rackaid.com/resources/hotmail-blacklist-removal/

I also found where to submit to have MSN review and un-blacklist us.
https://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?productKey=edfsmsbl&ct=eformts&st=1&wfxredirect=1

I don't know all the answers they want. If people could help me come up
with all the answers I'm happy to file the issue.