[SAC] Bounce action notification

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Sep 19 11:08:58 PDT 2013

Ok, I've checked, we can indeed add SPF records to any of our domains in
pairnic. Now the tricky part, it's a text file in a specific format. We
have to carefully craft. Some of the potential issues.

1. People with @osgeo.org who send via a different smtp may get their
emails rejected.
2. We need to verify that our mailing lists are compatible with SPF
checking requirements, there are some specifics about mail forwarding.

More info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework

Microsoft has a wizard to help write the text, but once again, not being
a pro at mail servers I don't know all the answers:
http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/safety/content/technologies/senderid/wizard/default.aspx
Mostly I'm not sure what it meant in the Reverse DNS section on page 3.