[SAC] Bounce action notification

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Sun Sep 22 04:34:54 PDT 2013

Hi,
fyi: another complaint, Tom Kralidis had some issues and got this answer:
https://dpaste.de/j8GuE/

Cheers,
Arnulf

On 09/19/2013 07:08 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> Ok, I've checked, we can indeed add SPF records to any of our
> domains in pairnic. Now the tricky part, it's a text file in a
> specific format. We have to carefully craft. Some of the potential
> issues.
>
> 1. People with @osgeo.org who send via a different smtp may get
> their emails rejected. 2. We need to verify that our mailing lists
> are compatible with SPF checking requirements, there are some
> specifics about mail forwarding.
>
> More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework
>
> Microsoft has a wizard to help write the text, but once again, not
> being a pro at mail servers I don't know all the answers:
> http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/safety/content/technologies/senderid/wizard/default.aspx

Mostly I'm not sure what it meant in the Reverse DNS section on page 3.

> Thanks, Alex
>
> On 09/19/2013 10:29 AM, Alex Mandel wrote:
>> I just looked at one thing in the list. SPF in our DNS Zone file.
>> Looks like Pairnic provides one, just need to log in and check it
>> and then we can notify hotmail about it.
>>
>> Thanks, Alex
>>
>> On 09/19/2013 10:20 AM, Alex Mandel wrote:
>>> The 2nd link 2 emails ago:
>>> https://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?productKey=edfsmsbl&ct=eformts&st=1&wfxredirect=1

A form we fill out with Microsoft to have them fix it. Basically proving
>>> we aren't a spamming organization. I also specifically asked
>>> the list to help me compile all the answers we need.
>>>
>>> I guess we could sign up to recieve back emails that get marked
>>> by hotmail users as spam. That does seem to imply there are no
>>> false positives.
>>>
>>> Thanks, Alex

I also found where to submit to have MSN review and un-blacklist us.

I don't know all the answers they want. If people could help me come up