[SAC] Apache QGIS / memory upgrade

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Mon Sep 23 10:13:24 PDT 2013

On 23-09-13 18:41, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> The QGIS web site seems nice and fast for me.  The download site was
> terribly slow to connect, even though the VM did not seem busy and ssh
> traffic was nice and fast.  I've restarted apache on download.osgeo.org
> <http://download.osgeo.org> and now things seem better.  Let me know if
> the problem persists.

Hi Frank,

the download was slow because we served the installers from our own
site. The download of (mostly standalone windows installers) stalled our
server and thereby our website.
After Juergen moved installers to download.osgeo.org and added a
redirect, al least our website was responsive again.

I think/hope that downloads will continue to hammer the
download.osgeo.org server :-)

Besides this I think we will need more RAM, cpu and disk space (will be
asked for in a different email)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde