[SAC] Apache QGIS / memory upgrade

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Sep 23 10:22:05 PDT 2013

Folks,

Well, my restart of apache (graceful) didn't really help for more than a
few seconds.  I have upped the MaxClients setting from 150 to 250 and that
is helping for now but I wouldn't be surprised to find that max out too.
 The "problem" is of course the massive popularity of QGIS 2.0 windows
binaries which is unfortunately crowding out other small requests.

You can see what's up at:

  http://download.osgeo.org/secret/server-status

I'm not sure of the negative impact of raising MaxClients but I don't see
any obvious sign of the VM being stressed with the higher client max, so
maybe we should just be setting it to 500 or something big?

Best regards,
Frank

warmerdam at pobox.com