[SAC] Deciphering Postgres on Adhoc

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Sep 29 08:57:22 PDT 2013

On 09/29/2013 04:42 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> On 29-09-13 08:14, Alex Mandel wrote:
>> I had an interest in looking at oam.osgeo.org today. Noticed it wasn't
>> working and started poking around.
>>
>> OAM is configured to use postgres on port 5433, database oam2
>>
>> The only running instance of postgres I can find is on port 5434 and it
>> seems to only have db: postgres, template0, template1
>>
>> There is something else running on post 5432, but I can't tell what it is.
>>
>> I see source code that implies other versions of postgres may have been
>> built but can't find their postgresql.conf files to look at their settings.
>>
>> Anyone have some clues on what might be going on?
>
> Hi Alex,
>
> (probably old news for you, but?)
>
> does:
>
> netstat -lea | grep 5432
>
> not reveal what is listenting there?
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde

Right, I used netstat to check listening ports, and it appears to be a
postgres instance but it's not the system postgres. psql doesn't seem to
think it's connectable either.

So not really sure what the deal is. Thought someone might remember if
they compiled and started a custom built postgres on the system.