[SAC] Temp disable of some sites on Projects

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Apr 4 01:38:48 PDT 2014

We're still having I/O issues. Temp hack by Hamish and me to get some
stuff up:

The following sites are currently disabled:
projects:/etc/apache2/sites-enabled# a2dissite tilecache
projects:/etc/apache2/sites-enabled# a2dissite
community-review.foss4g.org.conf
projects:/etc/apache2/sites-enabled# a2dissite
community-review.foss4g.org.conf
projects:/etc/apache2/sites-enabled# a2dissite grasswiki.osgeo.org
projects:/etc/apache2/sites-enabled# a2dissite grassold.osgeo.org

Apache is going to be throttled to a lower number of processes 60 ( I
think it was 200)

Mapserver sphinx-build is being changed to once per day (we should look
to building it else-where and copying it over).

Selective log filtering is an option too, but not done yet.
http://2bits.com/drupal-performance/reducing-size-and-io-load-apaches-web-server-log-files.html

Next steps are to get osuosl to increase ram allocation, and verify VM
cache settings are optimum. After ram change we'd like projects to start
using memcache or apache inmemory caching where useful.

Long term (next few days) OSUOSL says we need replacement raid card
batteries. This could be affecting performance.
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-U8735-NU209-Battery-PowerEdge/dp/B0045ZNJJU
It's going to run ~$100 for 2 (both servers need it), depending on
shipping. Faster shipping encouraged. Can someone help Daniel get this
done quickly or offer to wait for reimbursement?