[SAC] Hosting for http://openstreetmap.org.ar/

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Thu Mar 20 17:47:56 PDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 02:53:24PM -0300, correo at fernando.com.ar wrote:

> For your information, we
> were running on a humble VPS with the following specs:
[...]
> We only serve tiles from Argentina,
> so our DB has only the Geofabrik extract from this country.
>
> Its not
> exactly a mirror, as we introduce minor changes in the style, symbols,
> and localization. [1]

Generally speaking this sounds like a nice match for the infrastructure
I'm running "The FlightGear MapServer" on.
BUT this machinery is far from being highly available, unplanned
outages may occur every once in a while.  Ah, and currently I'm using
all available main memory for a GRASS job, which might keep the system
busy for a month ....

Cheers,