[SAC] New Vms w/ Debian 7

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Fri May 9 15:34:25 PDT 2014

On Fri, May 09, 2014 at 03:13:09PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:

> As we're discovering, full backups of everything is unrealistic. It just
> leads to dismal performance and overuse of the hardware.

I disagree, I'd say you're shooting the messenger. Instead, full
backups *is* realistic, if the disk subsystem is done right - well, and
as long as sufficient backup space is available, of course.  Currently
our VM's are sitting on inefficient disk subsystems, that's why backups
are having a huge impact.

Cheers,