[SAC] hardware status QGIS server

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Tue Feb 3 08:47:24 PST 2015

On 03-02-15 11:20, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> just curious, are you also on the "osgeo4" hardware?
>
> I thought you had a Hetzner server...

Hi Markus,

nope the web-stuff: site, docs, debian packages are still on osgeo
hardware, check:
http://hub.qgis.org
http://qgis.org
to see the slowness I mean

about one year ago we moved plugins.qgis.org and all the building
machinery (packages and sphinx for docs and site) to a Hetzner server
indeed.

That's why I'm asking for a planning, as currently the site is too slow
for normal use, and also the rsyncing from Hetzner ('qgis2') to osgeo
('qgis') takes too long.

If it takes a week to solve the hardware problem, we probably wait for
it, but it is more I think we should move the site temporarily to qgis2
(also because during a release: around 20th feb we generate a lot of
traffic).

if anybody can provide a planning that would be easier for us to decide
what to do.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde