[SAC] [OSGeo] #1493: wiki: error on uploading .pdf and .odt

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Wed Jun 17 14:51:43 PDT 2015

Hi all,

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 12:34:06PM -0000, OSGeo wrote:

> #1493: wiki: error on uploading .pdf and .odt
> ---------------------------+-------------------
>  Reporter:  johanvdw       |      Owner:  sac@…
>      Type:  task           |     Status:  new
> Component:  Systems Admin  |   Keywords:
> ---------------------------+-------------------
>  Hello,
>
>  When trying to upload a .pdf or a .odt file I get an error "File extension
>  does not match mime type".

The Wiki is a constant source of headaches: We're using a terribly old
release of MediaWiki because the nice UserMap extension doesn't support
MediaWiki beyond 1.16.  At the same time, potential successors to
UserMap require newer MediaWiki, therefore a smooth transition (first
replace UserMap by something different, then upgrade MediaWiki) is
impossible.

My plan was always to preserve the UserMap plugin in a functional
state, but I start realizing that I might need to consider a different
strategy.  This strategy would mean to upgrade MediaWiki, to knowingly
break the UserMap extention ....  and finally to hope that someone is
going to provide a replacement in the near future.

Opinions ?

Cheers,