[SAC] [OSGeo] #1493: wiki: error on uploading .pdf and .odt

Christian Willmes mail at cwillmes.de
Thu Jun 18 01:04:09 PDT 2015

Hi,

because I wrote the Usermap I just want to say, that I am ok with
abandoning the current UserMap.

As an alternative I would suggest to introduce Semantic Mediawiki
(https://semantic-mediawiki.org/) to the OSGeo Wiki and build a new
usermap based on SMW features.

SMW also could serve to rebuild the service provider directory and could
facilitate many more things like the OSGeo advocates list etc..

In short, SMW allows to store structured data on wiki pages, that is
then queryable through a query API. The query results can be shown and
exported in many formats (Tables, Maps, Graphs, Timelines, Spreadsheets,
JSON, RDF, XML, etc.).

SMW is a very mature and well maintained extension to MediaWiki, with an
active developer community. So, its pretty secure to be supported in the
overseeable future alongside MW updates.

Cheers,
Christian