[SAC] [support.osuosl.org #25173] AutoReply: OSGeo "tracsvn" VM down

Martin Spott via RT support at osuosl.org
Sat May 23 14:15:04 PDT 2015

I've worked around a Ganeti issue by following:

  https://code.google.com/p/ganeti/issues/detail?id=191#c8

Now after creating a new "server.pem" certificate and copying that over
to "osgeo4" I'm able to restart the "ganeti-masterd" as advertized.

And I'm able to compare the output of "gnt-instance list" on "osgeo3"
with the output of the Ganeti Web Manager. This is a little bit scary:

After starting the "tracsvn" VM from command line on "osgeo" using
"gnt-instance startup tracsvn.osgeo.osuosl.org", the "gnt-instance list"
command shows a running "tracsvn" and a halted "tracsvn2".
The Ganeti Web Manager instead shows a halted "tracsvn" and a running
"tracsvn2".
Now, let's say, someone would try to destroy the obsolete "tracsvn2"
VM via Web Manager, are we going to loose the production instance ?!?

Anyway, the "tracsvn" VM is starting again, but requires entering the
root password on the console for manual filesystem check. Anybody here
to help ?